Dear President Obama as a member of both Muslims and African Americans for Obama I thought maybe I should lend a hand in the fight against terrorism and ISIS. The terrorists and ISIS feed on islamophobia, neo-racist nationalism, and historical anti-Islamic sentiments. America should abandon islamophobia and other fears. Encourage pro-Islamic sentiments, and create a platform for Muslim involvement against terrorism. Muslims should not be afraid of speaking out against falsehood and oppression. Here are a few points that might aid in the war against ISIS:
- Support true Islam by empowering Muslim leaders and organizations that oppose ISIS and support peace. Many Muslims are afraid to get involved because of post 911 backlash, and discrimination against Muslims. Open the door of mutual alliance and show the world that America is a place where Islam is thriving and free.
- ISIS is not formed in accordance with Islamic law. To be a Khalifah (leader of the state) you must have the pledges (bayah) of the people. Al Baghdadi does not have the bayah of the people and has no legitimate standing… he is an opportunist.
- ISIS is illegitimate because the state (Khalifate) and the leadership (role of Khalifah) can not be taken by force, no more than a bride can be forced to marry the groom. Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, was invited to leadership and the state and did not use any form of aggression or force in forming the Islamic state. No one can use a methodology that our prophet did not resort to and be called legitimate. Islam does not allow by any means necessary, but rather it mandates the path that the first generation used to implement true and honest legitimate Al-Islam.
- Why ISIS (Al-Dawla al-Islamiya al-Iraq al-Sham or Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant) is referred to as Daesh (scum) or that which is crushed underfoot and those who sow discord? Islamic law condemns Daesh in the Quranic statement “There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong. So whoever disbelieves in Taghut (idols and falsehood) and believes in Allah has grasped the most trustworthy handhold with no break in it. And Allah is Hearing and Knowing” Q:2:256. Daesh is a form of taghut or false religion and must be rejected by true Muslims.
- ISIS has enemies that could be empowered to defeat them. Frenemies could easily be rallied against ISIS and should be identified and supported.
- Some European countries (like France) have an oppressive anti-Islamic history, and should apologize and seek reconciliation with Islam proper. Muslims have a long sense of memory and the anti-Islamic atrocities perpetuated in places like, Algeria, Palestine, Sudan, India, and Spain to name a few should be mediated.
- World powers should support the foundation of a true Islamic state and realize that if Muslims choose to live in a TRUE Islamic state that it poses no threat to the world, because Islam is the way of peace. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia was enabled by England and America as an anti-Ottoman strategy. The Palestinian problem could be resolved just like Pakistan was formed to quell problems in the Indian sub-continent.
- Realize that ideology cannot be defeated with bombs or bullets, but rather only moral suasion and truth will vanquish falsehoods. Humanity should rally together and unite in truth and justice. Muslims that believe in Allah Most High and follow the blessed path must enjoin the right and forbid the wrong which is the expression Daesh uses to call for action, but they are the spreaders of discord and strife we must fight against with our hands, tongues, and in our hearts at the very least.
- I believe the saying, “Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,— Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown, Stands God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.” by James Russell Lowell, says it well.
I could go on for days speaking against the falsity of ISIS and other cowards that resort to self detonation, terror, and the killing of the innocents (like those slain on December 2, 2015, in a mass shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California) as a means to power. The Islamic rules of engagement do not allow teroristic acts nor the reduction of Islamic values in the pursuit of power. If you are true Muslims and or people of true faith then like this and share it around.